Sunday, May 31, 2009

a lil jam session..

hi everyone..

just got home from a friend's house..did so many fun things this weekend..

as usual on a saturday morning..went to rugby practice at west terrace..had loads of fun..n hurts...but wont be continuing anymore coz i dont wanna disturb the official players of NCG with my dumbness of rugby..heheh

then went to Din's house coz we had sumthing planned for that night..hehe we planned on having a lil jam session with me on bass for the charity gig in sydney..i was still uncertain on to go or not to go..but he insisted on trying it out first with them..so i went with it..

we went to Elfer's place that night in 'The Village'..(which was on the top floor mind u..4 floors up! that itself was a workout for me..) i was so nervous bout doing it..even though its just among us three..me, Elfer, and Din..walked into his room..n thought..wow! its like a small studio here! me,bass in hand(thanks to abg bentara..) was trembling..he had 2 guitars..which was super awesome!! Gibson n Ibanez! Elfer did a lil improv and it was siiickkk....

we started of playing 'the chemistry' by butterfingers..which went pretty good..had a couple of tries..n sounded perfect..(to me at least..)..coz i actually practiced at home with my own guitar..had a couple of adjustments on my side but it was going smoothly..hehe my heart now tells me that i am doing good for now..still unsure though..

second song..'school of rock' from the movie School of Rock..never actually got the bassline for it..had to learn it on the spot from Din..(good thing i am a quick learner..ehem2..)..but it wasnt as tough..played it a couple of times..then sounded good..again!! hahaha!! now im fairly certain that i should be going to sydney..

then since we got tired of playing the same songs..we actually started playing 'Hysteria' by muse..n it was awesome!! now i really want to go..hahah!! wut a surprise huh?? (being sarcastic to myself..)

we had a lil break in the middle..decided to eat in the middle of the night..(which was freaking cold!!) on the way down from Elfer's house..they keep telling me that i have talent on playing bass..(sweet talk i suppose..but stilll..i cant help it..i blushed..hahah!!)

went back home at 2.30 in the morning..slept at Din's house..again,freaking cold!!

so now..i have made up my mind..i will be going to sydney..to be in the band..and a lil side job as a photographer..heheh

thats all for now..

Salam..

No comments: